Go-with-the-flow-travel: Meet Eva and Brian
1. Can you introduce yourselves quickly in one or two sentences?
We are an American-Austrian couple that met in Chile. Our passion is to travel and live in different places.
2. Eva and Brian, Lac and I had drinks with you on an awesome rooftop terrace in Hong Kong, before going for a night-hike and dinner. What an experience! Since then, you’ve been travelling to various places. Where are you at the moment?
We live in Vienna at the moment because Brian is doing his Masters at the WU (University of Economics). Sometimes coming back to the roots is nice too :-)
3. Do you have any favourite country/city/place?
That is very hard to say… some of our favourite countries are Ethiopia, Madagascar and Chile.
4. I’m a big fan of go-with-the-flow travel. Do you plan ahead and always know how long you’re staying at one destination or do you prefer not to plan too much?
It very much depends on how much time we have. Loads of times: we go with the flow, little time: make the best of it
5. What are the 3 most important things you look for in a destination?
different culture, nature, off the beaten track
6. How do you earn money while travelling ? Working remotely or do you pick up jobs along the way?
We save during our jobs and then go for longer travels without working
7. Do you have a monthly budget when you travel? If yes, how do you stick to it? Any tips?
Yes, and sometimes it is very low. Brian is very good at budgeting and sticking to it… Accounting for your expenses every evening is key if the budget is tight.
8. What are the downsides of living the nomad lifestyle?
Sometimes it is just nice to sleep in your own bed or go home and watch a movie
9. On the other hand, what do you love most about this lifestyle?
The new experiences along the way, never feeling like you are having a routine
10. What are the 5 things you always take with you when you’re travelling?
Eva: phone, splitter, napkins in my pockets, lock and pashmina
Brian: earplugs, headphones, toothbrush/nail clippers/deodorant, a book, wool socks
11. What’s the craziest/funniest/most memorable experience you’ve had so far?
Riding 3 people on a motorcycle trough the countryside in the DRC (Democratic Republic of the Congo). Long story…
12. Where can people follow you guys on social media?
You cannot :-) (Note from the editor: I’ll get them to tell me their crazy motorcycle story so I can share it..)